How to Upgrade a Mac to macOS Mojave
Support.com Tech Pro Team
This Guided Path® was written and reviewed by Support.com’s Tech Pro team. With decades of experience, our Tech Pros are passionate about making technology work for you. We love feedback! Let us know what you think about this Guided Path® by rating it at the end.
This guide will walk you through upgrading your Mac's Operating System to Mojave, which was released on September 24th, 2018.
1 Mojave Compatibility Check
In general, if your Mac was made after mid 2012, it should be compatible. We can confirm using the following steps:
- Choose Apple menu > About This Mac.
- Check the OS version.
- Compare what it says here to the table below to make sure your Mac is compatible with macOS Mojave:
Mac Model OS Version
- iMac models from late 2012 or later
- iMac Pro models from 2017 or later
- MacBook models from early 2015 or later
- MacBook Pro models from mid 2012 or later
- MacBook Air models from mid 2012 or later
- Mac mini models from late 2012 or later
- Mac Pro models from Late 2013 or later
- macOS High Sierra
- macOS Sierra
- OS X El Capitan
- OS X Yosemite
- OS X Mavericks
- OS X Mountain Lion